Wednesday, December 7, 2016

RS Rebuttal: O/U Vinny Staples Video



This video was one of the funnier & interesting things I've came across on twitter in a while, 4 minutes and 18 seconds of Vinny being real but still showing a sense of humor. Now I've had this in the drafts for months, but sometimes with this blog i end up taking a break for whatever reasons and end up going silent for 3-4 weeks like an idiot.

Going to take each statement or phrase given, and then spit out my own response, whether i agree of disagree, that type shit. Also I'm aware I'm Vulture'ing here.

OVERRATED/UNDERRATED

1. SOBRIETY

Vinny S: "Sobriety is underrated man. I'm all about the necessary, and I'm all about going hard or going home. If you're getting high, and not off the crack rock, I've got to worry about your commitment to the cause. My boy DMX hit the pookie & went platinum."

Bobby S: Im pretty torn here. I've been laying low lately; i do think it for the most part sobriety is underrated. Not blowing money on temporary shit (buzz/drunk/high), not messing with your immune system and brain is pretty dope. BUT to quote my man Frank Sinatra (supposedly) "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they're going to feel all day."

PS: This depends on the time of year. Summer? Overrated. Winter? fuck it.

2. THE AMISH

Vinny S: " I don't know if the Amish are rated at all. I don't trust the Amish. I think they got iPhones. They don't got black Amish people. (Looks at somebody) They got black Amish? They got Puerto Rican Amish? I will never be Amish. Its not my movement. You know let them have that We are trying steal people shit in America man, taking oil, took peoples Playstations, Let people be. Im not putting on that stupid ass hat."

Bobby S: Tough to disagree here. 100% Amish are not on my radar. Pretty sure any negative thoughts i have came from that TV show they had called Breaking Amish on TLC. Weird people making a buck on being weird. Also i don't really have sympathy for people who purposely stay behind the times. I mean I'm not saying every Nana should be a wizard with an iPhone, but putting yourself at a disadvantage in 2016 isn't a good look. God and Faith will do that though. Not necessarily relevant but i do fuck with Matsiyahu though.

3. KFC

Vinny S: "KFC is overrated. Fuck the Colonel. Fuckin Asshole he's a slave owner."

Bobby S: First, RIP the colonel (if KFC the brand ever sees this). Im going to go with overrated though. I do like the Famous Bowls, had more than my fair share going to the one in Bridgewater. Only problem was it is basically a laxative for the lack of a better term. But Vinnys prob right with the slave owner statement. So i agree there with him there.

4. BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY

Vinny S: "Bill Nye is underrated man. Bill Nye is the reason all these kids know how to proportion the lean in their beverage. He taught us these algorithms. Very underrated, is he dead?

Bobby S: OVERRATED. Man F Bill Nye, and Lean. Tried to do fake lean once at 19 with two friends. Bought the big CVS cough syrup bottle and that shit got us soooo sick. Like my eyes crossed and shit. Pretty sure the baby bottles are what helped people start proportioning shit out correctly (s/o Future). My underlying opinion of Bill is that he's like Bob Saget (s/o Entourage). Just a closet asshole, weirder, sex addict. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, no big deal.

5. LOBSTERS

Vinny S: "Lobsters are underrated, they don't die. You have to kill a Lobster for it to die. You think I'm fucking around, don't you? Look at my face, do i look like somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about right now?"

Bobby S: F Lobsters too. First because i don't like Lobster or seafood. Maybe fried scallops and if I'm hungry enough i can deal with Crab Rangoon. Lobsters yeah they live forever, but they're bottom feeders of the Ocean. Pretty sure Feitelberg had this type take so I'm piggybacking off it. No need for a Lobster Roll to be $20 also, with fluctuating prices depending on the season. FOH. Overrated.

6. OPRAH

Vinny S: "Oprah underrated man, because people forget she has that trash ass broadcast network. And she founded Dr.Phil, and some other people probably, Dr. Drew?....Probably Beats by Dr. Dre."

Bobby S: Oprah's the GOAT. You get a car! You get a car! You get a car! Has so much money she doesn't know what to do with it. (kidding)

7. TOM CRUISE

Vinny S: "Tom Cruise is underrated. ("Why?"), cuz the Mission was Impossible.......then he pulled it off. Three Times!"

Bobby S: Tom Cruise in the 80's and 90's? Underrated. Top Gun. Risky Business. Jerry Macguire. Outsiders. Cocktail. Guy played with whatever he wanted whenever wherever. The Tom Cruise Scientology version? Hell no. Overrated. How the fuck you going to split with Katie Holmes like that. Him being like 5'4 doesn't help his case either.

8. KEEPING IT REAL

Vinny S: "Fuck all that Keep it Real shit man. Just be yourself, you might be a fake ass *****. If you a fake ass motherfucker you not keeping it real by being fake. But whats real? Cuz like you know some people are just not real. We know they know. But we got to act like we don't know that they know that we know. At the end of the day, they know that we know that they don't know that we know."

Bobby S100 emoji. Spot on. I have this situation going on with a few people currently, no big deal though. What you eat don't make me shit. Cole World.

9. CYBER BULLYING

Vinny S: "Cyber Bullying is overrated man. You wanna be mean to people go gang bang. Get shot in your fuckin ass. Bullying fat people man fat people are lovely. One of my Grandma's is fat.....lover her to death. So you bullying fat people then you bullying my Grandma? Imma fuck you up."

Bobby S: Cyber Bulling's low key one of my favorite things to do. But i understand theres a time and a place for everything. Making fun of Adam Schefter calling him Lord Farquad? Fun. 6th grade girls bullying each other via IG comments and snapchats? Not so much. TIE. Equally overrated & underrated. Sometimes the Cyber Bullies end up getting Cyber Bullied. Circle of Life.

10. PETA

Vinny S: "I dont fuck with PETA. Ive never seen PETA save one animal. PETA worried about furs, theres dude gunning down Rhinos. PETA out here worried about what people wearing rather than saving Rhinos. They out here DEAD theres no more Rhinos. Either all the white ones or gone or all the black ones are. What if Rhinos killed all the white or black people? We'd be mad as fuck right?"

Bobby S: Overrated. Good point about the Rhinos. But yeah PETA is going after shit when the damage has already been done. PETA definitely has good intentions, but messing with establishments and events in the "name" of wrongful killing or whatever the terms are does nothing. Just like the professional protesters who you see everywhere waving their freak flag.

11. PET OWNERSHIP

Vinny S: "Pet ownership is very overrated, its JAIL! People be hitting they animals and shit. And they wonder why Pitbulls start eating  motherfuckers. Okay you keep kicking me? Imma eat your fucking baby. Only white people treat animals like people. We think they're "crazy" but they think they've got the right idea. Give em a bedddd. Give em some toys. Fuck it if you really wanna be cool give them a house. You like Tumblr? Look up fancy dog houses they got two stories, swimming pools in them. Exactly people know how to treat these fucking animals. But i guarantee you if you put a Pitbull in a house like that with a dog elevator, it will never touch your child. Feed my ***** kibbles and bits. Slap with with a newspaper? He gone go rogue one day man."

Bobby S: VERY Underrated. Pets keep people from going insane. Dog is mans best friend. I have nothing to say though about what he said with the dog house, toys and shit. My cats are basically Garfield, they have everything they could ever need. But for the Pitbull stuff, I'm all for whatever people want. Hands off topic for me. Because i know there people who are very very left or right on that.







No comments:

Post a Comment